History

On January 02, 1946 Alexander Wiegand and Philipp Kachel founded WIKA GmbH in Klingenberg. The initial two letters of their surnames formed the company name WIKA. In 1951 Konrad Wiegand, the son of Alexander Wiegand, took over the management of the company. A decade later, with the consolidation of the branches, the foundation stone for the present headquarters in Klingenberg was laid.

History

In 1967 Ursula Wiegand took over the control of the company from her late husband. For her exceptional achievements she received the state medal for outstanding service in 1984. In the following year she was the first woman to be chosen as the business woman of the year.

In sub-Saharan Africa, WIKA South Africa became increasingly aware of the need to become closer to customers in Namibia. As a result, WIKA Instruments Namibia (Pty) Ltd was formed in May 2009, situated in Windhoek. A close relationship to WIKA South Africa ensures that Namibian customers receive the same quality instrumentation with the same back-up and support as they have expected in the past from WIKA South Africa.

Broschüre

WIKA-Imagebroschüre